Inspirational activities for online workshops
Warm-ups are ideal activities to start any online session. They are useful for introducing and getting participants to learn more about each other.
Self-introduction based on an object
Invite participants to get up, go around and grab one object that is important to them. In turns, invite participants to introduce themselves from the relation they have with that object.
Questions to know each other more
Start the session asking one of these questions to participants. Invite them to participate in turns:
- 📚 If you could write a book, what would it be about?
- 💬 What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
- 🎁 What is the best gift you’ve ever given/received?
- 🚀 Tell us the farthest distance you have travelled and where to on a vacation or a business-vacation
- 🗺 Where would you like to go on a vacation right now if you could?
- 🖼 Go to your window, observe, come back to tell us what you have seen
- 🏝 If you were on a deserted island and you could only bring one book, what book would you bring?
- 🦧 What wild animal would you rather be?
Discovering common things & differences we have
Raise your hand...
- who is teaching teenagers?
- who is teaching very small children?
- who is teaching adults?
- who has animals at home?
- who knows how to play a musical instrument?
- who has traveled to more than five countries?
- who has been involved in EU project in the past?
If considered, the facilitator can ask for details.
Learning words from other languages
This activity is useful when participants belong to different countries:
- A participant of each country tell the group and write on the chat one word in their language
- The group tries to guess what the word means
- The participant confirms the word meaning (one word per country)
Loving other countries
This activity is useful when participants belong to different countries. Facilitator invites each participant to say something they like from the other countries.
Thanks to Action Synergy for facilitating and sharing these resources!